Monday, May 19, 2008

McDonald Church's

Yesterday I went to pick my starving kids up some $1 each double cheeseburgers at McDonalds. While waiting to pick up my order, a young man says, "Hey Padre! It's me." He was wearing a knit hat and looked like one of two youth I knew from our youth ministry. I finally figured out who he was. He had not been in church and was wandering aimlessly through life. We caught up and I told him we missed him and the importance of being in church.

He had a friend there named B--. I invited B-- to church and inquired if he knew the Lord. He responded sure, I received it at such and such. I said, "Great. Now how sure are you if that you would go to heaven if you died tonight?" He said, "I'm pretty sure." I said, "Well, that is an answer that concerns me. You see the Bible says that we can be sure." B, "Really?"
Me: Yes. If you truly have Jesus, you can know you are going to heaven. (1 John 5:10-12).
B: Huh?
Me: It's like being pregnant, you either are or you are not. B, are you pregnant?
B: No, ha, that's silly.
Me: But you know that you are not, you are not uncertain about it. So it is when you are born of God. You know because He lives in you.

I then took B through some passages in Romans and he gave a response about Romans 3:23 that I am now convinced indicates a false assurance from the Devil concerning salvation.
After reading that all sinned and fall short of God's glory, I asked him what it said to him. He gave me an answer that has always ended up in a true inquirer coming to a point of decision.

B: That says that we all sin, but we can all go to heaven.
(Isn't that interesting. What he said was true, but the verse says sinners "fall short" of heaven. But the Devil is training people in a false view of God's grace. Since we all sin, God is good, He'll let me into heaven without committing to Christ with my life. NO sense of sorrow, shame or desire to change.)

Me: Well, it says you won't make it.
B: I guess it does.

Then I led him through Romans 6:23 about the wages of sin is death but God's gift comes through Christ. I explained that such a gift means you take Christ into your life to be boss of your life.

B-- honestly said, well then, I guess I really don't want Christ in my life. (I did not push him into hell, he realized that based on what the Bible says there was no life change, therefore no witness within himself through the Holy Spirit concerning heaven.)

I then asked him based on what he understood tonight where he would go if he died. He said the bible says, Hell.

Me: You still do not want to receive Christ?

B: I guess not.

Me: Hey stay safe tonight.

B: What?

Me: Stay safe, I've buried teenagers before... People die all the time in car accidents, drunk drivers, and sickness. I hope you make it through the night.

Understand this was a young man who was following the fun scene and knew he did not want to give up the drinking, smoking, hanging out and who knows what else. But at least he did not come across another McDonald's happy meal pastor telling him that God wants what is best for his life right now and not to worry about repentance or a changed life.

I said, B can I pray for you? B-Sure

Me: Dear God be with this young man. Don't let him die and go to hell tonight. Keep his car on the road. don't let him roll off his bed and crack his head open. I know you love him Jesus. But, he doesn't love you yet. Please bring him to repentance soon so he can go to heaven. Get him into church. IN Jesus name amen.

I wasn't obnoxiously loud, but I was loud enough as we were near the Coke machine and one lady had a nervous look of conviction and offense on her countenance.

I said, "B-- I HOPE to see you again. You never know..."

I am not typically so obnoxious and I have to admit I do not witness every day like I should. I am rarely so bold, but I had prayed for an opportunity that day and B-- was so lazily unconcerned about the state of his soul. He was also so foolishly deluded by the McDonald's happy meal theology and goopy Post Modern drivel that deadens the mind and the spirit that he needed a more shocking and tough presentation.

Jesus taught a great deal about the MANY people who will say, Lord, Lord. But He will reply "I never knew you."

A couple in the church had obnoxious neighbors who said to them one day, "Tell God we said hello when you go to church..." The couple did not know what to say to such radical casualness towards God. (That comes close to breaking the Second Commandment). But one of our street smart members said, "When they say that again, you tell them that you did and God responded, "Who?""

Are you serious as a heart attack about your neighbors lostness? Do you witness enough? Will you be bold. Pray for me, Eph. 6:19-20.

No comments: